Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah Shrine

Ziarat Shahdara Sharief is about 35 Kms in the north of Rajauri and 5 Kms from Thannamandi.
The famous Ziarat is surrounded by beautiful high mountain peaks, thick belt of forests, green pastures, springs and strings.
The village was in ancient time known as Simha Dwara in Sanskrit. Later on the name changed from Simha Dwara to Shindhara meaning the place of lions. In 1765 AD, when a great Sant and religious preacher Hazrat Sayeed Ghulam Shah Badshah. RA reached this place and started meditation, the people renamed this place after the name of great Sant as Shahdara.
Thousands of people from all religions visit the Shrine every year and offer prayers. Presently, three to four thousand people took meal from Langar every day while the Kashmiri tea (saltish tea) in Samawar is served to the pilgrims all the times.
Five thousand people can be accommodated in the Ziarat, while 1,000 people can be provided beds also. Ten thousand people can offer prayer in Jamia Masjid Shahdara Shrief.
The Urs of Hazrat Syeed Ghulam Shah Badshah RA is celebratd on 10th of Muharram every year. Normally, villagers bring with them Atta, rice and other goods apart from cash to offer on the Shrine.

Post comments